HONORS IN ACTION & COLLEGE PROJECT
Alpha Pi Epsilon offers members the opportunity to join our undergraduate research projects.
ABOUT HONORS IN ACTION
Phi Theta Kappa has an Honors Program, Honors in Action (HIA), designed to engage students in informed action that fosters student success and helps fulfill our mission to provide college students opportunities to grow as scholars and leaders.
Members have opportunities to apply learning and practice real-world problem-solving by developing an in-depth, action-oriented project related to research of an Honors Study Topic. Click here to read information about the themes related to the Honors Study Topic.
Participation in Honors in Action contributes to personal, academic, and career development and affords students opportunities to have an impact on their campuses and in their communities by addressing challenges related to their Honors Study Topic research. Members who participate in the development and implementation of an Honors in Action project will be able to:
1. Evaluate multiple, global perspectives of a theme as it relates to the Honors Study Topic.
2. Demonstrate undergraduate research fundamentals by identifying sources, appraising their credibility, and formulating conclusions based on evidence.
3. Demonstrate critical thinking and reflective skills throughout the research process.
4. Design, organize, and implement a plan of action that solves a real-world problem related to the Honors Study Topic.
5. Form and develop teams that collaborate and communicate with college and community partners to enhance the impact of the project.
6. Provide evidence of project impact through the use of quantitative and/or qualitative assessments.
7. Compile a report using clear, correct, and effective language.
Achievement of these learning outcomes builds the analytic and collaborative problem-solving and leadership skills necessary and valued in advanced academic pursuits, work places, and communities.
If you have any questions, contact Vice President of Honors in Action, Melanye Correa
- Multiple DatesTue, Sep 26SWC Room 39 - 109 (PTK Room)Sep 26, 11:00 AM – 12:00 PMSWC Room 39 - 109 (PTK Room) , 900 Otay Lakes Rd, Chula Vista, CA 91910, USAA research that looks to implement the arts into STEM. It takes play as an artistic form, where passion, inspiration, and innovation that the arts provide in its pure form, can be a source of creativity and ideas for the STEM field. Contact Melanye Correa for details email@example.com
ABOUT COLLEGE PROJECT
College Project encourages chapters to look closer to home - on their college campuses - for needs and opportunities to engage and give back. It's a great opportunity to foster communication with your college administration. Chapters can play a significant leadership role on their campuses by encouraging students, faculty and administrators to sign the "Call to Action in Support of Students," indicating their commitment to the Community College Completion goal.
Show your appreciation for the support of your college faculty and staff, by designing a college project to honor their work.
If you have any questions, contact Vice President of College Project, Eduardo Plascencia-Sanchez: firstname.lastname@example.org